Suffering with back pain? You’re not alone – in the UK 50 million working days are lost each year due to back pain.
Osteopathy is a safe and effective treatment for many types of back pain. Read on to learn more about how I can help or call 020 8520 5268.
Back pain is usually caused by muscle or joint problems such as:
– Muscle strain or overuse (lumbago)
– Ligament sprain
– Irritation or inflammation around the joints of your spine
– Disc problems (e.g. slipped disc)
– Wear and tear to the spine
Back pain can be caused by other health problems which require different treatment. If this is the case I will refer you to your GP for further investigation and appropriate care.
Back problems may cause:
– Back pain
– Stiffness and difficulty bending
– Pain around your hip or into your leg
– Tingling or numbness in your leg.
Osteopathic treatment for back pain varies according to the cause. Generally treatment aims to reduce pain and restore normal movement to the problem areas.
It is believed that this allows your body to heal itself more effectively and quickly.
Treatment usually includes:
– Stretching tight muscles.
– Encouraging movement in stiff joints using mobilisations.
– Strengthening weaker areas with simple exercises.
Osteopathy can be a little uncomfortable to receive and may cause minor stiffness and aching for a short time after treatment. It should not be painful!
Most people can expect to feel improvement within 3 sessions, but you may need more treatment to fully recover. I will explain how many treatments you’ll need during your consultation.
My Articles about Back Pain
- How the Pomodoro technique can help your productivity AND your back pain
- What causes back pain during pregnancy?
- How can you treat sciatica?
- Whats the best sleeping position?
- What are knots and what can I do about them?
- What are discs and what are slipped discs?
- Numb Bums and Back Pain – What is Sciatica?
- Brugger’s Relief Position for Back Pain and Poor Posture
- Holiday for Valentine’s Day or half term? Don’t let back pain get in your way
- Don’t Succumb to Back Pain this Christmas
- Sit on Your Sitting Bones for Less Back Pain
- Stretches for Sewists with Back & Neck Pain
- Posture Tips for Sewists aka how to stop back pain
- Back Pack Buyers Guide
- Why I Love Backpacks and You Should Too
- Stretches for Summer Holidays
- How to Lift (Safely)
- How to Make and Use a Cold Pack
- When Should You Use a Cold Pack?
- How to Get out of Bed when your Back Hurts
- Common Cycling Injuries and How to Prevent Them
- Stretch Your Upper Back, Stop Slouching
- Gluteal Stretch for Back and Hip Aches
- Stretch your Back at your Desk
- Feel Better in 3 Minutes – Office Stretching Routine
- Stretch your Back, Reduce Back Pain – Child’s Pose
- Stretch – Easy and Relaxing Mid Back Stretch
- Stretch – Improve your Posture in 30 Seconds
- Stretch – Glutes Stretch you can do at your Desk
- Stretch – Knee Hugs for your Low Back