Here’s a lovely stretch for your back and hips. I particularly like this one because you can do it in your chair at work.
1. Sit upright in a chair with your feet on the floor.
2. Cross your right knee over your left leg. Place your left hand on your right knee.
3. Turn your upper body to look over your right shoulder. You can hold on to the chair or support your low back with your right hand. Take care not to lean forwards or backwards.
4. Hold this position for 10 seconds.
5. Return to your starting position.
6. Repeat on the opposite side.
7. Perform 3 times on each side, once a day.
– Keep breathing normally while you exercise. Do not hold your breath.
– Exercise gently and slowly. It should not hurt.
– If an exercise becomes painful, stop immediately and seek advice from your therapist.
– Only perform exercises which have been prescribed or approved by a qualified individual such as your GP, physiotherapist or osteopath.
If you’re suffering from back pain, osteopathy could help you feel better. Call me on 020 8520 5268 to book an appointment or find out more.