This gentle and easy stretch can be performed any time and is great for stopping slouching.
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
2. Put your hands on your hips.
3. Carefully lean backwards and hold for 10 seconds.
4. Perform 3 times, once a day.
– Keep breathing normally while you stretch. Do not hold your breath.
– Stretch gently and slowly. You should be able to feel a stretching sensation but it should not hurt.
– If a stretch becomes painful, stop immediately and seek advice from your therapist.
– Only perform stretches which have been prescribed or approved by a qualified individual such as your GP, physiotherapist or osteopath.