Stretching the back of your neck is great for stiff necks, shoulders, achy back and headaches. Give it a try!
- Sit or stand with good posture.
- Bend neck forwards as shown.
- Press your head into your hands, but do not allow the head or neck to move. Hold this pressure for 10 seconds.
- Relax and stop pressing in to your hands. Take a deep breath in.
- Breathe out and stretch your head down towards your chest.
- Perform twice more – 3 repetitions in total, once a day.
– Keep breathing normally while you exercise. Do not hold your breath.
– Exercise gently and slowly. It should not hurt.
– If an exercise becomes painful, stop immediately and seek advice from your therapist.
– Only perform exercises which have been prescribed or approved by a qualified individual such as your GP, physiotherapist or osteopath.
If you’re suffering from neck pain, osteopathy could help you feel better. Call me on 020 8520 5268 to book an appointment or find out more.