Suffering with neck pain and stiffness?
Osteopathy is a safe and effective treatment for many types of neck pain. Read on to learn more about how I can help or call 020 8520 5268.
Neck pain is usually caused by muscle or joint problems such as:
– Muscle strain or overuse.
– Ligament sprain
– Irritation or inflammation around the joints of your spine
– Disc problems (e.g. slipped disc)
– Wear and tear to the spine
Neck pain can be caused by other health problems which require different treatment. If this is the case I will refer you to your GP for further investigation and appropriate care.
Neck problems may cause:
– Neck pain.
– Stiffness in your neck and shoulders.
– Pain around your shoulders or into your arms.
– Tingling or numbness in your arms.
Osteopathic treatment for neck pain varies according to the cause. Generally treatment aims to reduce pain and restore normal movement to the problem areas.
It is believed that this allows your body to heal itself more effectively and quickly.
Treatment usually includes:
– Stretching tight muscles.
– Encouraging movement in stiff joints using mobilisations.
– Strengthening weaker areas with simple exercises.
Osteopathy can be a little uncomfortable to receive and may cause minor stiffness and aching for a short time after treatment. It should not be painful!
Most people can expect to feel improvement within 3 sessions, but you may need more treatment to fully recover. I will explain how many treatments you’ll need during your consultation.
Osteopathy is a safe and effective treatment for many types of neck pain. Call 020 8520 5268 to book an appointment.
My Articles about Neck Pain
- Brugger’s Relief Position for Back Pain and Poor Posture 13/04/2017
- Holiday for Valentine’s Day or half term? Don’t let back pain get in your way 03/02/2017
- Is your TV hurting your neck? 10/11/2016
- Stretches for Sewists with Back & Neck Pain 03/11/2016
- Posture Tips for Sewists aka how to stop back pain 27/10/2016
- How to Sit Properly When You Use a Laptop 25/08/2016
- Stretches for Summer Holidays 11/08/2016
- How to Make and Use a Cold Pack 19/07/2016
- When Should You Use a Cold Pack? 12/07/2016
- Stretch – The Back of your Neck 03/05/2016
- Using a Laptop can Hurt your Neck – Here’s What You Can Do 24/03/2016
- What’s the Correct Height for my Screen? 17/03/2016
- Feel Better in 3 Minutes – Office Stretching Routine 22/02/2016
- Treat your Own Neck – My Favourite DIY Massage Technique 11/02/2016
- Stretch – Pec (Chest) Stretch for Better Posture 04/02/2016
- How to Strengthen Your Neck Muscles 28/01/2016
- Stretch – Sideways Neck Stretch 29/10/2015