I love this stretch for stiff, aching necks. It’s very simple and can be done anywhere. Just take care to perform it slowly and gently.
- Sit or stand with good posture.
- Tip your right ear towards your right shoulder,
- Behind your back, grasp your left wrist with your right hand. Pull your left wrist towards the right.
- Hold for 10 seconds.
- Perform twice more – 3 repetitions in total, once a day.
– Keep breathing normally while you stretch. Do not hold your breath.
– Stretch gently and slowly. You should be able to feel a stretching sensation but it should not hurt.
– If a stretch becomes painful, stop immediately and seek advice from your therapist.
– Only perform stretches which have been prescribed or approved by a qualified individual such as your GP, physiotherapist or osteopath.