Here is a nice easy exercise to help loosen stiff shoulders.
1. Sit or stand with good posture.
2. Keep your hands by your sides.
3. Rotate your shoulders in a circle; up to your ears and back down again.
4. Repeat in the other direction.
Repeat for 2 minutes. Perform three times a day.
– Keep breathing normally while you stretch. Do not hold your breath.
– Stretch gently and slowly. You should be able to feel a stretching sensation but it should not hurt.
– If a stretch becomes painful, stop immediately and seek advice from your therapist.
– Only perform stretches which have been prescribed or approved by a qualified individual such as your GP, physiotherapist or osteopath.
If you suffer with shoulder pain, osteopathy could help. Call me on 020 8520 5268 to find out more.