1. Stand upright with feet shoulder width apart.
2. Bring your affected arm up behind your back.
3. Bring up your good arm to hold onto the affected arm.
4. Use your good arm to bring your hand further up your back. You should feel a stretch in the front of the affected shoulder.
Hold for 30 seconds. Repeat 3 times. Perform 3 times a day.
– Keep breathing normally while you stretch. Do not hold your breath.
– Stretch gently and slowly. You should be able to feel a stretching sensation but it should not hurt.
– If a stretch becomes painful, stop immediately and seek advice from your therapist.
– Only perform stretches which have been prescribed or approved by a qualified individual such as your GP, physiotherapist or osteopath.