Frozen shoulder is a condition causing pain and stiffness in the shoulder. It usually affects one shoulder but sometimes will be in both shoulders at the same time.
Phase 1 is the first stage of frozen shoulder and is characterised by pain and increasing stiffness.
It’s really important to keep moving during this stage or the shoulder can become extremely stiff.
I’ve shared quite a few exercises for frozen shoulder on this site, so I’ve summarised them in to an example exercise plan.
1. Shoulder Retraction – 3 repetitions, 3 times a day
2. Neck Sidebending Stretch – 3 repetitions, 3 times a day
3. Pendulum – 1-3 times a day.
4. Shoulder Shrugging – 3 repetitions, 3 times a day
5. Shoulder Rotation – 3 times a day
6. Pushing the Arm – 3 repetitions, 3 times a day
7. The Elephant – 3 repetitions, 3 times a day
This plan is just an example. Please speak to a qualified individual such as your GP, osteopath or physiotherapist to get the best exercises for you.