Suffering with shoulder pain and stiffness?
Osteopathy is a safe and effective treatment for many types of shoulder pain. Read on to learn more about how I can help or call 020 8520 5268.
Shoulder pain is usually caused by muscle or joint problems such as:
– Muscle strain or overuse, particularly the rotator cuff.
– Frozen Shoulder Syndrome
– Ligament sprain
– Wear and tear to the shoulder or neighbouring joints
– Referred pain from the neck or back.
Shoulder pain can be caused by other health problems which require different treatment. If this is the case I will refer you to your GP for further investigation and appropriate care.
Shoulder problems may cause:
– Shoulder pain.
– Weakness, pain or stiffness on some or all arm movements.
– Pain around your shoulders or into your arms.
– Stiff, achy muscles in your shoulders.
Osteopathic treatment for shoulder pain varies according to the cause. Generally treatment aims to reduce pain and restore normal movement to the problem areas.
It is believed that this allows your body to heal itself more effectively and quickly.
Treatment usually includes:
– Niel Asher Technique, which works on trigger points around the shoulder to reduce pain and improve mobility.
– Encouraging movement in stiff joints using mobilisations.
– Strengthening weaker muscles with simple exercises.
Osteopathy can be a little uncomfortable to receive and may cause minor stiffness and aching for a short time after treatment. It should not be painful!
Most people can expect to feel improvement within 3 sessions, but you may need more treatment to fully recover. I will explain how many treatments you’ll need during your consultation.
Osteopathy is a safe and effective treatment for many types of shoulder pain. Call 020 8520 5268 to book an appointment.
My Articles about Shoulder Pain
- Shoulder Exercise – The Prince Charles
- Example Exercise Plan for frozen shoulder (phase 1)
- Shoulder Stretch – Walk Up The Wall
- Shoulder Stretch – Pushing the Arm
- What are the stages of Frozen Shoulder?
- Stretch for Tight Shoulders – Shoulder Rotations
- Advice for Frozen Shoulder Sufferers
- Stretch for Shoulder Pain – Shoulder Shrugs
- How to Treat Frozen Shoulder
- What is Frozen Shoulder?
- Shoulder Stretch – Pulling the Towel
- Stretch The Back of your Arm & Shoulder – The Elephant
- Stretch your Shoulders – Active Assisted Range of Motion Stretch
- Stretch – Loosen Stiff Shoulders
- Stretch Your Upper Back, Stop Slouching
- Stretch – Improve your Posture in 30 Seconds