Do you have bicycle? Going for a ride has a lot of health benefits including:
- increased cardiovascular fitness.
- increased muscle strength and flexibility.
- improved joint mobility.
- decreased stress levels.
- improved posture and coordination.
- strengthened bones.
- decreased body fat levels.
- prevention or management of disease.
(Taken from www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au)
As cycling is low impact it is gentler on your joints than many other forms of aerobic exercises.
Recent research has shown that health benefits of cycling and walking outweigh the harm from inhaling pollution, with London ranking as one of the safest cities in terms of air pollution.
Cycling is also fun and a quick, cheap way of getting from A to B. What’s not to love!?
If you’re keen to give it a try but are a bit nervous, there’s plenty of help available. Here are a few links to get you started: