This stretch feels so satisfying and is particularly good after a few hours stuck at your computer.
1.Sit or stand upright.
2. Hold your arms out to the side and bend your elbows.
3. Pull your shoulder blades backwards, as if you are trying to pinch them together.
4. Hold for 5 seconds.
5. Relax, then repeat 5 more times.
– Keep breathing normally while you exercise. Do not hold your breath.
– Exercise gently and slowly. It should not hurt.
– If an exercise becomes painful, stop immediately and seek advice from your therapist.
– Only perform exercises which have been prescribed or approved by a qualified individual such as your GP, physiotherapist or osteopath.
If you’re suffering from back pain, osteopathy could help you feel better. Call me on 020 8520 5268 to book an appointment or find out more.