This stretch feels really pleasant and satisfying.
It’s ideal for anyone who looks down or leans forwards a lot – maybe during cycling, knitting, sewing, computer use or just reading!
1. Sit or stand with good posture.
2. Interlace your fingers behind your back.
3. Slowly lift your hands up behind you until you feel a stretch in your chest, shoulders and arms. Keep your chest out and your chin tucked in.
4. Hold for 10 seconds.
5. Repeat 3 times in total.
– Keep breathing normally while you stretch. Do not hold your breath.
– Stretch gently and slowly. You should be able to feel a stretching sensation but it should not hurt.
– If a stretch becomes painful, stop immediately and seek advice from your therapist.
– Only perform stretches which have been prescribed or approved by a qualified individual such as your GP, physiotherapist or osteopath.
Call me on 020 8520 5268 to book your appointment.